Saturday, October 26, 2013

Tales of a Third Grade Classroom: The Start of a New School Year... new friends and fun festivals!

Hello!

How is the new school year going for you so far? Mine has been TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Although I haven't yet finished telling you all about my amazing summer... I just couldn't wait to share with you my new friends in Mr. H's class, and our newest batch of Little Water Heroes!

The lovely ladies from Mr. H's science Class of 2014!

The lovely ladies from Mr. H's homeroom Class of 2014!

The mighty misters from Mr. H's science Class of 2014!

The mighty misters from Mr. H's homeroom Class of 2014!

Aren't they just the coolest kids you've ever met?! I sure think so! Miss Melanie told me they are a pretty smart bunch, and she's going to test their science skills by sending them some Activity Page samples from my book! The kids last year sure were helpful in letting us know what worked for the book, so we'll see how these kiddos measure up! I'm betting we'll be calling them The Pro's soon, too! Gosh, I sure love making new friends! :D

Speaking of friends, I made a few more in September during the Nauck Civic and Community Pride Day! It was lots of fun- full of good food, face painting, live music, storytelling, and even carnival games!

Here I am with Mr. H and his school's Superintendent,
chatting about the book!

I think I could use a nap myself!

Dr. Sharon Gaston is telling another one of her wild stories!


And last weekend, Mr. H, Dr. Sharon Gaston, KC the red-footed tortoise, and I had a real blast sharing our stories with the guests at the "Celebrate the Book" festival in Carlisle, Pennsylvania! Dr. Sharon Gaston spoke about her storytelling and books, including one of my favorites, "Turtle Without a Home". Mr. H brought me and KC along for the fun, and we told everyone we could about my upcoming book!

Dr. Sharon Gaston at our booth!

Mr. H and I keeping an eye on KC!
Even though he's 23 years old,
he gets himself into trouble a LOT.

Look at all the goodies on our table!

KC likes to talk about his favorite book,
"Turtle Without a Home"!

KC is pointing out some important information!

Hey, KC! Where are you going?

KC, where are you taking me?!?!!

KC! We really should be getting back to work!

Well NOW I know where you were going...
for a snack!

That's okay, I've got someone
to hang out with anyway!

What a nice start to a new school year, don't you agree? And Halloween is just around the corner... YIPPIEEE! I so totally love Halloween! Dressing up in fun costumes is the best!

Well, it's time for me to sign off! See ya around!
-LR

No comments:

Post a Comment