Thursday, December 12, 2013

Around the World with Little Raindrop: Lake Lure, North Carolina!

Hiya, Kiddos!

BRRRRRR! Boy, is it chilly CHILLY! *shiver*

It's a good thing it snowed so I could land on someone's jacket and get inside to thaw out, or else I would be stuck in a sheet of ice somewhere all Winter long! How on Earth am I supposed to type if I'm frozen?! Anyway, I hope you're all toasty warm somewhere right now, and maybe even doing some good deeds while your elf keeps a close watch on you! Christmas is just around the corner, you know!

Speaking of good deeds- I haven't yet told you about the good deed Miss Karenna did back in October: she took me along to Lake Lure with her family! Isn't that so sweet of her?! Here are some fun photos from our trip...

Karenna and I are getting goofy on this long car ride!

MMMM, spaghetti!

What... I have something on my face? Where?

A nice day to go out on the lake!

Look at the pristine water! I can even see my reflection!

AHHHH! It's sooo relaxing here!

Everybody look at the camera and say "SANDWICH!"

Such a lovely view with such a lovely friend!

Can we send this picture to my Mama?

It was great being outdoors and so close to nature again! Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in all the fun indoor stuff, that we forget all about the even MORE fun outdoor stuff! This trip made me realize how important it is to stay connected with nature and the people we care about most. That reminds me... I need to go write a letter to Mama Drop ASAP!

So whether there is sand or snow outside your window, make sure to take a step outdoors for some fresh air! You never know what Mother Nature will teach you next!

Keep on flowing!
-LR
p.s. I found some pretty amazing photos of the lake here, too! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment