Saturday, December 22, 2012

Around the World with Little Raindrop: My Flight with a Pilot!

Hi There, Little Water Heroes!

I'm so excited to tell you about the time I helped to fly a REAL AIRPLANE next to a REAL PILOT!

I was invited by Captain Horlings to join him in the cockpit of the plane he was flying from Pensacola to Washington, D.C.

This is me, (Little Raindrop) and the Captain!
Image ©2012 LittleRaindropsStory.com
He showed me how to tell how much fuel we had on board (which was 8,200 pounds of fuel!), how much the plane's takeoff weight was (48,736 pounds), and all the neat buttons and switches he uses to pilot the plane! Then the Captain put a pair of headphones on my head...

PERFECT fit!
Image ©2012 LittleRaindropsStory.com

and I GOT TO FLY THE PLANE!!! Can you believe it?!??

Whoopee, I'm on top of the world!
Image ©2012 LittleRaindropsStory.com

We flew 775 nautical miles, and it took us 2 hours and 12 minutes to fly across Montgomery, AL and over Spartanburg, SC and above Greensboro, NC... and even over Richmond, VA!

It was TOTALLY cool and I had so much fun! I think I might want to be a pilot when I grow up! What do YOU want to be when you grow up?

In a while, crocodile!
-LR

No comments:

Post a Comment